So today I was really excited to have almost scored the car seat I have been googly eyes for online. They were selling it practically new and a great price! I was so excited and showed my mom and sister and whoever else I could show and tell them about it. So I was to go there and pick it up at 6:30pm. We agreed on the price and everything. Then I confirmed the time to let them know nothing has changed and she calls me and tells me that they sold it to someone who could come earlier and pay more. What the freak?! I was so angry. That is not good etiquette. I mean we had an appointment for crying out loud. They could have told me that someone else was looking and had said they would pay more. If I knew I would have matched the price. I really wanted that car seat.
So I had an emotional breakdown. I haven't been emotional at all this pregnancy. Earlier today I could tell I was more emotional than my normal self. Then this event must have tipped my pregnant emotional scale. I started bawling my eyes out. Grant was looking at my with such concern in his eyes. I left him where he stood and tried to compose my self in the bathroom. But he followed me and said he wanted to give me a hug. He was very concerned and continued to look at me with worry. I obviously don't cry very often or else he would have not thought much of it. Anyway, I tried really hard to compose myself but continued to have tears streaming my face for the next 3 hours. About now is when I feel empty and wishing I could have bought the car seat. But we all know things wouldn't have been as dramatic if I weren't already emotional. If I wasn't I probably would have been slightly upset with their poor etiquette and brushed it off.
Well I guess what was fortunate about my situation tonight is Perry took pity on me and said that if I couldn't find one just as good online on KSL or craigslist by July I could buy the car seat I want brand new. Sounds good to me! Of course I was not trying to manipulate him but sympathetic husbands tend to want to coddle a crying spouse. It didn't make me stop crying. I just couldn't control anything but I'm not crying right now. But still sad. Ugh. It reminds me when I had postpartum depression with Grant and how stinking hard it was to pull myself out of that. Anyway, I guess I will start looking on line for sure just in case I get the brand new one and be totally sure what car seat I want. But I'm still pretty sure it will be the one I have already been thinking about. Lets hope for a happier tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Poor Rachel. And Grant is such a sweetheart.
Post a Comment